SIGNUP NOW FOR BSA WINTER CLINICS.
1vs1 clinic starts on Jan 18th, School of Excellence Jan 23rd
Don't let the cold and dark winter evenings get you down! Come join the fun, camaraderie, and great
exercise of one of our professionally coached BSA Winter Training Clinics.
Enrollment is limited on all programs so please sign
up soon to secure your spot.
Signup soon or be disappointed!!
BSA WINTER CLINICS session 2
Mondays this session are Danvers Indoor Sports. Wednesdays at Shore Country Day, Beverly
9 week session - clinics coached by Ralph Ferrigno and Candice Dangora
- SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE FOR BOYS (birth years: 2007, 2008, 2009)
Mondays 6:00-7:00pm, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27 (no session: 2/20)
- SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE FOR GIRLS (birth years: 2007, 2008, 2009)
Mondays 5:00-6:00pm, 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27 (no session: 2/20)
- 1vs1 CLINIC (u11 to u13)
Wednesdays 6:00-7:00pm, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15
- 1vs1 CLINIC (u14 to u16)
Wednesdays 7:00-8:00pm, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15
- Mondays: at Danvers Indoor Sports, 150R Andover St, Danvers MA, 01923 Directions
- Wednesdays: at Shore Country Day 545 Cabot Street, Beverly, MA 01915 MA, 01923 Directions
- Register: Click
on 'Register Now' button below and choose "Winter Training Clinics 2016-2017"
- Clinic descriptions below.
1). SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE FOR BOYS & GIRLS
- The BSA School of Excellence is aimed at boys & girls with birth year 2007, 2008, 2009. Each group will be run separately over the Winter. Session 1 will be conducted on Tuesdays at Shore Country Day; Session 2 will be Tuesdays at Danvers Indoor Sports.
clinics are for young players who have some experience playing soccer
and have demonstrated talent or have a strong interest in more involved
- The sessions are conducted by USSF "A" License coach and former college coach RALPH FERRIGNO and college standout CANDICE DANGORA. Both are very experienced teaching young soccer players.
- Players should bring a soccer ball (inflated!). The clinics are designed to give young players a lot of touches on the ball
and skill training to help them become more comfortable with the ball.
- There is an emphasis on age-appropriate fun but not at the expense of
- SESSION 1 (Nov-Dec) The cost is $75 for 3 hour long clinics at Shore Country Day on Tuesdays 6:00-7:00pm (girls) and 6:00-7:00pm (boys). The sessions will commence on Tuesday 11/29, 12/6 & run until 12/13. There are no makeups if sessions are cancelled due to inclement weather/snow
- SESSION 2 (Jan-March) The cost is $180 for 9 hour long clinics at Danvers Indoor Sports on Mondays 5:00-6:00pm (girls) and 6:00-7:00pm (boys). The sessions will commence on Monday 1/23 & run until 3/27. There are no makeups if sessions are cancelled due to inclement weather/snow.
- 1/23, 1/30, 2/6, 2/13, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27 (no session 2/20)
2). 1vs1 CLINIC: ATTACK vs DEFENCE [Jan-March]
- This an exciting new BSA Clinic conducted by USSF "A" License coach RALPH FERRIGNO and CANDICE DANGORA. Both have great experience coaching and playing at College, Club and ODP levels.
- In the modern game young players have be competitive in 1v1 situations with an opponent. Moreover, besides working on the skills most associated with their positions defenders need to be able to offer support in attack while attackers need to understand that they are the first line of defence.
- Attacking 1vs1 skills will include running, turning and taking on opponents in addition to shooting and finishing. Forwards will also learn how to pressure, close down players and defend from the front of the team.
- Defending 1vs1 skills will focus on channeling players and picking the right moment to win the ball. Offensively defenders will learn support in attacking, long range shooting and crossing
are separate programs organized by age, u11 to 13 and u14 to u16. The 1vs1 will be run during the second session only of our Winter Clinics on
Wednesdays at Shore Country Day in Beverly.
should bring an inflated soccer ball (inflated!). These clinics are
designed to help players become more well rounded. Several
coaching programs will be used as part of the curriculum. Please click 1v1 Program Outline to find out more about the specifics of the clinic.
- The cost is $180 for 9 hour long clinics at Shore Country on Wednesdays 6:00-7:00pm (u11-u13) and 7:00-8:00pm (u14-u16). The sessions will commence on Wednesday 1/18 run until 3/15. There are no makeups if sessions are cancelled due to inclement weather/snow.
- 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1, 3/8, 3/15
There are no makeup sessions if a day must be cancelled due
to inclement weather.
REGISTER FOR BSA WINTER CLINICS